Dr. María Angélica Moussalli
National Registration Number: 80561
Full Name: María Angélica Moussalli.
Date of birth: 30th of August 1966
I.D: 18 118 376
Adress of private practice: Maure 2345, 1° “B”, CABA, Argentina. Post Code: 1426
Contact information: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org/ 11 3283 – 4457 / Private practice telephone: 4776-0273 / web page: http://draoftalmologamoussalli.com/
o Glaucoma Gene Therapy, Gene therapy in the retina, Stem cells for treatment of retinal dystrophies and Optic Neuropathy.
o Prevention of Glaucoma blindness, prevention of blindness due to Rare Eye Diseases.
o Research on Sleep Apnea and related eye diseases.
o Teaching and training of new leaders in Glaucoma and Ophthalmology.
· University Degrees:
o Doctor that specialized in Ophthalmology. Graduated from National University of Buenos Aires .Medicine Faculty .UBA.
o Specialist in Medical Genetics
o Subspecialist in Glaucoma
o General Ophthalmology
o Clinic and Ophthalmologic Surgery
o Ocular Ultrasonography specialist
o Molecular Biology specialist
o Oncology Molecular Specialist
o University Teacher: Associate Professor
· Master degree in Molecular Biology awarded by National University of Buenos Aires UBA Pharmacy and Biochemistry Faculty in 2015.
Ø Specialized in Molecular Oncology in Leloir Institute
· Master degree in Molecular Biology awarded by National University of Buenos Aires UBA, Leloir Institute in 2016.
· Master degree in Ophthalmology awarded by Salta´s Catholic University.
· Master degree in Glaucoma awarded by Favaloro´s University
· Master degree in Genetics awarded by University Institute Hospital Italiano of Buenos Aires.
· Teacher graduated from National University of Buenos Aires UBA Medicine Faculty with a work schedule of 272 hours.
· Teacher affiliated to the National University of Buenos Aires UBA UBA.
o Emergentology, Glaucoma, Orbit and Ocular Plastic of the Santa Lucía Hospital of the city of Buenos Aires.
o Glaucoma Department of Jules Gonin Hospital, Lausanne, Switzerland. 2005.
o Glaucoma Department, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, Miami University, Florida, USA. 1994.
o Glaucoma Department Geneva Hospital of Clinics and Neurosciences Switzerland 2009.
o Glaucoma Department of Singapore National Eye Center (SNEC) directed by Professor Dr. Tin Aung. From February 23rd to February 28th 2014. Singapore, Malaysia.
o Genetics Department of Singapore National Eye Center (SNEC) directed by Professor Dr. Tin Aung. From February 23rd to February 28th 2014. Singapore, Malaysia.
· Private and Hospital Practice:
o She has worked at: Instituto de la Visión, Clínica de Olivos, Consultorio Dr. Soriano, Private office Vicente López, Consultorio Oftalmólogos Asociados, Consultorios Externos Oftalmológicos.
o Residence: Bernardino Rivadavia Hospital´s Ophthalmological offices: where she did her Residence as a Doctor and later on worked as Residence Chief and Residence Instructor.
o Ocular Genetics Unit Staff at Hospital Italiano of Buenos Aires
o Chief of the Ocular Genetic Unit at Hospital Italiano of Buenos Aires from 2014 to 2016.
o In charge of Academic tasks in Glaucoma division at Hospital Italiano of Buenos Aires
o The Dr. had been in charge of Glaucoma division at Hospital Italiano of Buenos Aires
o Ophthalmology division at Hospital Italiano of Buenos Aires
o Medical Doctor at the Hospital Italiano of Buenos Aires
o Medical Doctor at the Clinicas Hospital of “José de San Martín” National University of Buenos Aires UBA Medicine Glaucoma Unit in the City of Buenos Aires.: 1995- 2006 :
o Director of Eye Bank and Ophthalmology Centre Fundavisión”.1999-2003
o Chief of Ocular Genetic division at Hospital Italiano of Buenos Aires Ophthalmology division from 2016 on.
· Memberships and participations in Societies:
o Member of the current commission of the Argentine Society of Molecular Biology 2017-2019
o Director of courses of the Argentine Association of Glaucoma ASAG
o Member of the Genetic Committee of the CAO -Argentinian Council of Ophthalmology from 2014 on.
o Member of the Genetic Subcommittee of the Argentinian Council of Ophthalmology CAO from 2015 on.
o Member of the Genetic Committee of the SAO -Argentinian Society of Ophthalmology- from 2013 on.
o Member of the Teaching staff and of the postgraduate courses of the SAO and the UBA from 2013 on.
o Member of Argentinian Council of Ophthalmology CAO Organizing Committee of Glaucoma Detection National Campaign for Blindness prevention.
o Former member of Argentinian Council of Ophthalmology Library Committee. She started being a member in 1993.
o Titular Member of from Argentinian Society of Ophthalmology 1990 on.
o Full member of Panamerican Ophthalmology Association. PAAO. Membership number: 35691.
o Former member of Spanish Ophthalmology Association.
o Former member of Cono Sur Course´s Alumni Committee.
o Full member of Argentinian Glaucoma Association – ASAG from 2013
o Member of Argentinian Glaucoma Association´s Commission from 2013 to 2015.
o Member of Argentinian Council of Ophthalmology CAO Genetic Committee from 2014 Argentinian Council of Ophthalmology CAO Active Member from 1992 on.
o Member of ASAG Argentinian Glaucoma Association.
o Chief at HIBA´s Italian Hospital of Buenos Aires Ocular Genetic division from 2015 on.
· Teaching activity:
o Director of the Course on Ocular Genetics of the Joint Ophthalmology Congress 2017
o Director of the Course on Ocular Genetics of the Joint Ophthalmology Congress 2018
o Director of Courses of the Argentine Association of Glaucoma
o Director of the Virtual Postgraduate course of the Argentine Association of Glaucoma.
o Teacher of Genetic lessons at University Institute Hospital Italiano of Buenos Aires and at the National University of Buenos Aires UBA.
o Director at National Ophthalmology Conference´s Ocular Genetic lessons “Myth or Reality” 2016 Argentinian Council of Ophthalmology
o Ocular Genetic online lessons in 2015. Argentinian Council of Ophthalmology
o Coordinator at “World day of rare diseases” in February 26, 2016 from 13 pm to 19 pm. Motto: “Do you have a rare eye disease?”
o Ocular Genetic division´s Athenaeum lesson at Italian Hospital of Buenos Aires HIBA :
¾ New advances in Genetics applied to Glaucoma “AAO 2015 -2016
¾ Genotypes associated with Closed Angle Glaucoma. Scope of Gene Therapy in Glaucoma, 10/11/2016.
¾ Counsellor for patients with Childhood Genetic Glaucoma in 2016.
¾ Current Genetic tools for Pseudoexfoliative Glaucoma treatment in 2016.
o Coordinator and Assistant at World day of rare diseases “Do you have a rare eye disease?” representing Italian Hospital of Buenos Aires HIBA. February 28, 2017
o Director at the Genetic Symposium of Hereditary eye diseases “Hereditary eye diseases´ genetics, How can we currently help our patients?” CABA, Argentina in May 17, 2017.
o Teacher coordinator at Argentinian Medical Association and Argentinian Glaucoma Association´s Postgraduate Glaucoma courses from 2013 to 2014.
o Coordinator at Argentinian Council of Ophthalmology Glaucoma Detection Campaign.
o Director at HIBA´s Workshop for Glaucoma patients.
o Presentation in collaboration with “Association of rare diseases “, Shri. N. P. Pandya, President of PBMA’s H. V. Desai Eye Hospital and Rare Diseases Association at Italian Hospital of Buenos Aires HIBA´s Genetic division on February 15, 2017.
· Publications and Distinctions:
· Poster Session : “Autosomal dominant Retinitis Pigmentosa caused by a deletion not reported in the human rhodopsin gene: a case report“ Authors: Maria Angelica Moussalli1, Ariel Pablo Lopez2, Atilio Lombardi1, Daniela Moggia1 María Ana3Redal 1Section eye Genetics: Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires : ARVO Annual Meeting 2016 Seattle
· Publication in 2015:”Influence of obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) for the control of glaucoma and retrospective study results”. Authors: Valiensi , Moussalli
· Copy editor of an Ocular Genetic book for Argentinian Council of Ophthalmology CAO, 2016.
· Interview for MO Magazine, “Glaucoma: DNA as an ally“ Published by the CAO, Argentinian Council of Ophthalmology July 2017.
· Paper in process since November 2017: “Mutation of the BEST 1 gene associated with a clinical picture of Retinitis Pigmentosa: Report of a case “for Archivos de Oftalmología Magazine. Co-authors: Moggia Daniela, Redal Mariana, Challiol Camila, Lombardi Atilio. CABA, Argentina.
· Publication for Spanish Ophthalmology Society Magazine, “Journal of Catarat and Refractive Surgery”, SAO files.
· Paper Comparative Study:” Goldmann Aplanatic Tonometry and Non-Contact Reichert ” published in SEO Spanish Society of Ophthalmology files Magazine, p. 25, volume 21. March/June 1995.
· Publication in International Ophthalmology´s behalf, 2003: “Arterial narrowing as a predictive factor in glaucoma”. Spanish Society of Ophthalmology
· Publication in Oftalmología Clínica y Experimental 02 Magazine, pg. 32: “Late Seidel in Trabeculectomy”Authors: A. Burchakchi, C. Fernández M. P., G. Hernández, M. A. Moussalli. September 2017.
· Publication in MO Magazine, “New Technologies: OCT in Glaucoma and Retina”June 2012.
· Publication in Asociación Médica Hospital Municipal B. Rivadavia´s files, Cytobacteriological Study of 100 Conjunctival Secretion Samples “. November 30, 1994.
· Her scientific poster “Iris Plateau: Value of a correct diagnosis” was awarded by SAO in 2002.
· First Award to the scientific poster “Application of topical mitomycin C in Glaucoma surgery “at CAO´s Argentinian Council of Ophthalmology Conference 2010. Authors: Dra. Moussalli M.A., Lombana M.
· Video Keys to success when using Ologen in Glaucoma Filtering surgery “Award by Argentinian Ophtalmology Society Teahcer category in 2013.
· First scientific Award for a poster in Conference 2015. Honorable mention to the learning material it contained.
· Dissertations as Speaker:
· PARD Meeting : Autosomal dominant Retinitis Pigmentosa caused by a deletion not reported in the human rhodopsin gene 2016 Seattle
· Argentinian Ophthalmology Society speaker at “Blindness caused by Glaucoma prevention” in 2014.
· CAO Argentinian Council of Ophthalmology National Ophthalmology Conference, “Glaucoma, blindness prevention lessons” in May 5 2015.
· Glaucoma at Santa Lucia´s Postgraduate course. June 8 2015.
· National Ophthalmology Conference´s Genetic lessons, “Enfermedades Graves asociada a factores de riesgo genéticos y ambientales”. Hilton, Bs As. June 9 2015.
· National University of Buenos Aires UBA Medicine Ophthalmology postgrade class, Santa Lucía, June 2015:
Ø Gene Therapy
Ø Genetics and Glaucoma
Ø Computerized Perimetry other strategies
· Churruca Visca Hospital´s Athenaeum “Juvenil Open Angle Glaucoma and Genetics”.
· Athenaeum of Ocular genetics division (May 11 2015) “New scope of Genetics related to Glaucoma” based on AAO´s updates made in 2015-2016: Genotypes associated with Open Angle Glaucoma. Evaluate the clinical applicability of the genetic tests.
· Postgraduate course of Glaucoma and Genetics at the USAL Salvador´s University December 1 2015.
· Athenaeum of Ophthalmology division “Glaucoma and Genetics”. Italian Hospital of Buenos Aires HIBA, CABA, Argentina. September 2016.
· CCO Joint Ophthalmology Congress Symposium “Genetics of Hereditary Ocular Diseases”, “Genetic advice in Ophthalmology: How much can we help? May 5 2017.
· Athenaeum for residents “ Mitochondrial inheritance “ HIBA, CABA, Argentina. June 4 2017.
· National University of Buenos Aires, Medicine Faculty . Postgraduate course of Ophthalmology, “Genetics in Open-angle Glaucoma”. June 5 2017.
· National University of Buenos Aires UBA Medicine Faculty -Postgraduate course of Ophthalmology, “Gene therapy”, Santa Lucía, CABA, Argentina. June 5 2017.
· Athenaeum for residents “Chromosome anomaly”, Italian Hospital of Buenos Aires HIBA, CABA, Argentina. June 8 2017.
· Ophthalmology specialization course of studies, “Glaucoma and Genetics”. Salvador’s university USAL, CABA, Argentina. June 12 2017.
· Ophthalmology postgraduate course, “Inmunology and Ocular Genetics”. National University of Buenos Aires UBA Medicine CABA, Argentina. August 15 2017.
· Ocular Genetics´division Athenaeum, update: “From Gene Therapy to Bionic Eye”. Italian Hospital of Buenos AiresHIBA, CABA, Argentina. August 22 2017.
· “One day” course Argentinian Ophthalmology Society
“Is Genetics in Glaucoma useful at present? CABA, Argentina. September 15 2017.
· Novartis´Conference, EOP (Pediatric Ophtalmology Conference), “Congenital Glaucoma and Genetics”. CABA, Argentina. September 22 2017.
· ASAG´s International Ophthalmology course- Interbiennial, “Genetic Tests in Glaucoma”. September 2017, Tucumán, Argentina.
· Athenaeum “New scope of Genetics related to Glaucoma” based on AAO´s updates made in 2015-2016. HIBA, CABA, Argentina. November 10 2017.
· Speaker at Glaucoma Postgraduate course, “Glaucoma and Genetics”. USAL, CABA, Argentina. December 2017.
· She took part in “Visually impairment Day”.
· Courses and Conferences attended in Argentina and other countries:
§ Spanish Ophtalmology Society´s Conference
§ “ARVO Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Meeting”. Fort Lauderdale, USA. Denver.Seattle
§ American Academy of Ophthalmology, USA.
§ World Glaucoma Congress in Austria, Boston, Vancouver ,Finland
§ International Congress Glaucoma Surgery Geneva, New Delhi, Glasgow
§ ARVO Annual Meeting: Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
§ University of Favaloro Ex Graduates Meetings
§ CAO :Argentine Council of Ophthalmology
§ SAO: Argentine Glaucoma Association
§ Argentine Association of Glaucoma Biennial Joint Ophthalmology Congress
§ European Glaucoma Society´s (EGS) Annual courses. EGS Meeting in Copenhaguen.
§ ICGS 2014 – 7th International Congress on Glaucoma Surgery – SINGAPORE 20-22 February 2014.